Thursday, October 7, 2010

shoop da troupe

Hello my lovelies. I've missed you so. I've been busy with work, comedy and severe stabbing chest pains that remain a troubling, unsolved mystery. Perhaps these physical pain attacks are evolving from years of emotional distress. How apropos that would be, if true.

So, I performed for the first time in an improv piece de resistance. After the panic attacks were quieted (which I smothered with borrowed Xanax) I had a very pleasurable evening. I may even be joining a "troupe" (aka comedy gang). We need a name with appeal. Something that will speak to the masses, so they'll come and see us, make me famous and give me lots of money. This name holds extreme importance to my future and success. No pressure.

Possibles:
- Shoop da Troupe
- Funny Funny Bang Bang
- Troupe There it is
- Jenna Rules

I started reading this past month, something I've seemingly been unable to do for almost a year. I would read the fluff printed onto glossy magazine pages adorned by skinny airbrushed bitches, but nothing with substance. It was like everything I picked up was awful and unfit for finishing. I had seen a preview for the new movie "Never Let Me Go" and later read a review, which like most novel-turned-movie-reviews was not too favorable. I picked up the book and didn't want to ever let it go. When I reached the last few chapters, I took a few days off from reading because I knew how upset I would be when it was all over. This book was depressing, bleak and awkward. I loved it. I thought I was broken for a while. I grew up reading. "Goosebumps" were my jam during the elementary years. Sylvia Plath was my fave in high school and college was filled with Vonnegut. If I could be buried with books, that would be preferable.

No comments:

Post a Comment